Oregon vs. Florida State CFB Playoffs Rose Bowl Odds & Picks
The first ever college football playoff game will take place on New Year’s Day at the Rose Bowl, where the undefeated Florida State Seminoles take on the Oregon Ducks. FSU is getting nine points in this one, while the ‘total’ is the highest of the entire bowl season at 72.5
OREGON – FLORIDA STATE CFB PLAYOFF ROSE BOWL LINE 2015:
1. Why OREGON will cover the spread: Florida State has been skating by all season long, and this is the first time it is really going to be tested by a legitimate Top 5 team. The Ducks beat every team which appeared on their schedule as well this year, and they avenged that Arizona loss with ease in the Pac-12 Championship Game. Simply put, Oregon has the best team in America for our money, and Mariota won the Heisman Trophy because he just hasn’t made mistakes. The Seminoles have won games this year by taking advantage of the chances which opponents have given them. You know that Oregon isn’t going to beat itself in this duel.
* USE YOUR FREE $250 BOWL BET TODAY *
2. Why FLORIDA STATE will cover the spread: This is the first time the Seminoles have been underdogs in a game in over two years, and they haven’t lost in that stretch. Head Coach Jimbo Fisher is one of the best X’s and O’s coaches in America, and giving him four weeks to prepare for the Oregon offense should pay dividends. On top of that, Jalen Ramsey is a fantastic spy for Marcus Mariota, and Eddie Goldman and several defensive linemen are going to be healthy by the time this one kicks off. Jameis Winston didn’t have a fantastic year, but he has a knack of finding ways to both keep the Seminoles in games and ultimately win them when the rubber meets the road in the fourth quarter.
**** SEE OUR EXPERT BOWL PICKS ****
3. Total Talk: Once again, it is worth noting that this is the only bowl game of the season with a total in the 70s, and it is interesting to think that is the case with two teams sporting defenses with plenty of NFL type talent on them. The Ducks have played their last three games ‘under’ the ‘total’, and they have kept all three of those foes to 27 points or fewer. Florida State played four straight ‘under’ games before the 37-35 shootout in the ACC Championship Game over Georgia Tech.
4. Betting Trends FSU/OREGON: Florida State has been an atrocious team for bettors this year at just 3-10 ATS, and it’s tough to think that it can cover against a team which has won and covered every game it has played since losing to Arizona. The Ducks though, are there for the taking as we see it, as the nation is underestimating just how good these Seminoles really are. Winston could pull just a little bit more magic out of his hat here in Pasadena. That’s where FSU won the National Championship last year, and that’s where it could lock up a berth in the National Championship Game this season as well.
Florida State 31 – Oregon 27