It will be tough to live up to the hype that surrounded some of the matchups last week in college football, but week 3 of the college football betting season does feature some potentially great games.
1. CAL (-3.5 points) vs. Nevada: This will be a great game to watch on Friday night. CAL opened as 2 point favs and it quickly moved to -3.5 after their whopping of Colorado over the weekend. Nevada is on the short list of teams who could ruin Boise State’s season in the WAC. If Nevada has any thoughts of busting a BCS bubble this season, they need to beat CAL on Friday. I like Nevada here.
2. Arkansas vs. Georgia (-2.5 points): Georgia has won 6 straight over Arkansas dating back to 1993. Arkansas has Alabama next week. Can a freshman QB take down Ryan Mallett and the Hogs? This is an incredibly tough game to call…. I lean towards Georgia here -2.5 points.
3. Nebraska (-4.5 points) vs. Washington: What a great game this should be Saturday afternoon on ABC. Jake Locker kicked his Heisman campaign into high gear in week 2 against Syracuse, after an average performance against BYU in week 1. I lean towards the Huskies plus the points.
4. Texas (-2.5 points) vs. Texas Tech: Look out Longhorns!!!! This line opened at -4 and quickly fell to -2.5. Texas Tech has looked very good in a 2-0 start and may be primed for a major upset Saturday night.
5. Notre Dame vs. Michigan State (-3 points): A very tough loss for Notre Dame last week against Michigan may have a carry over affect. I have watched both MSU games this season and their defense is a joke. Just play the “OVER” as soon as the odds are released.
6. Iowa (-1.5 points) vs. Arizona: Iowa looked amazing against ISU in week 2. Arizona is coming off blow-out wins against Toledo and Citadel. Could the suspension of Iowa kicker Daniel Murray be a factor in this game? I expect this game to go down the wire and honestly view as to tough to call.
All Week 3 College Football Lines-Odds